While 67 percent of CMOs
report that they’ll spend more on marketing technology in 2015, only 54 percent of both CIOs and CMOs believe current marketing leadership can manage the intersection of technology and marketing. While brand investment is increasing, there is still skepticism on the true value of content marketing.
Being a content marketer in the enterprise software industry is no easy task. History tells us that, when marketing software solutions, it’s more natural to talk product than what an audience actually cares about.
Now we see the faults in our ways, and we’re challenging each other to think differently about digital marketing. Great leaders will rise to the top in 2015, ensuring history doesn’t repeat itself, while those who fail to adapt and change their strategies will become extinct.
Skyword has kept our eyes peeled over the last year, looking for those enterprise marketers who buck the status quo by focusing on telling great stories. We see time and time again the power of an engaging narrative, both in reaching a new audience and in developing trust and fueling the sales pipeline.
With the help of the Traackr Platform, we’ve identified 25 content marketing innovators in the enterprise software industry who have helped move the industry forward on the West Coast. Over the next month, we’ll publish our East Coast edition.
Want to spearhead content innovation at your company? Schedule a free content strategy workshop with us now. And check out the content marketers to watch listed here:
25 Enterprise Software Content Marketers to Watch
- Alex Hisaka, Global Content Marketing Manager, LinkedIn (@AlexHisaka)
- Michelle Killebrew, Program Director, Strategy and Solutions – Social Business, IBM (@shellkillebrew)
- Matt Wesson, Content Marketing Manager, Salesforce.com (@mattbwesson)
- Erika Heald, Head of Social Media and Content Marketing, Anaplan (@SFerika)
- Adam Singer, Analytics Advocate and Program Manager, Google (@AdamSinger)
- Gurdeep Dhillon, VP of Global Marketing, SAP (@Gurdeepd)
- Pierre-Loic Assayag, Co-Founder, Traackr (@pierreloic)
- Todd Wilms, VP of Digital, Neustar (@toddmwilms)
- Jascha Kaykas-Wolff, Chief Marketing Officer, BitTorrent (@kaykas)
- Rachel Balik, Senior Manager of Content Marketing, Demandbase (@wickedrb)
- Jonathon Colman, Content Strategist, Facebook (@JColman)
- Dayna Rothman, Senior Content Marketing Manager, Marketo (@dayroth)
- Lisa Fugere, Content Marketing and Social Media, Radius Intelligence (@lisafugere)
- Ally Greer, Director of Community and Content, Scoop.It (@allygreer)
- Maggie Jones, Senior Content Writer, BrightRoll (@maggiejonezzz)
- Stephanie Losee, Managing Editor, Dell (@slosee)
- Ken E. Kaplan, Managing Editor of iQ by Intel, Intel Corporation (@kenekaplan)
- Dee Anna McPherson, VP of Marketing, Hootsuite (@dmcp)
- Julie Zisman, Head of Marketing, Little Bird (@juliezisman)
- Monica Norton, Senior Director of Content Marketing, Zendesk (@monicalnorton)
- Mark Yolton, VP of Digital, Cisco Systems (@MarkYolton)
- Maria Poveromo, Senior Director of AR, PR, and Social Media, Adobe (@mariapoveromo)
- Eric Y. Lai, Director of Content Marketing, BlackBerry (@ericylai)
- Musa Tariq, Digital Marketing Director, Apple Retail (@musatariq)
- Maria Pergolino, VP of Marketing, Apttus (@inboundmarketer)
Follow these thought leaders on Twitter to learn how they’re innovating from within their enterprise organizations. To jump-start your own content marketing strategy, subscribe to the Content Standard Newsletter and have more news and insights sent directly to your inbox.