Effective as of May 8, 2018
Skyword is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Department of Commerce and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission
Dispute Resolution and Binding Arbitration. For questions or complaints regarding your personal data processing, please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will seek to respond to your inquiry within 45 days. Skyword has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to PrivacyTrust, an alternative dispute resolution provider. There will be no cost to you for using this service. For more information or to begin the complaint process, please visit https://www.privacytrust.com/drs/skyword
As a last resort in limited situations EU and Swiss individuals may seek redress from the Privacy Shield Panel, a binding arbitration mechanism.
If you are not satisfied with how your complaint was dealt with or the outcome, you may invoke the binding arbitration.
What This Policy Covers
- This Policy covers how we treat personal information that we collect or receive from you when you use the Platform or visit our website. “Personal Information” is information about you that is personally identifiable like your social security number, name, address, email address, or phone number.
- This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies and/or other entities that Skyword does not own or control, to people that are not managed or employed by Skyword, and/or to operators of sites to which you may link from the Skyword site.
Data and Information Collection and Use
- Skyword collects information from and about you when you register with Skyword.
- Users who visit Skyword’s site and do not register do not need to provide any personal information. Skyword does, however, collect limited, non-personally identifying information from non-registered users that browsers make available whenever a user visits a website. This information includes your internet protocol address, browser type, browser language, cookies, and use patterns.
- When you register as a user of the Platform, we ask for information such as your name, email address, Paypal email address, and a password. Our entire database is encrypted. Additionally, your password will be maintained on our system in a one-way encrypted form.
- Skyword uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- enabling use of the Platform
- enabling content performance reporting to our team and our clients
- improving the Platform
- We may also collect personal information such as your name and email address for marketing purposes. We use this information for:
- event registration
- fulfilling content requests
- subscription management
- contacting you
- conducting research
Retention Period. We will retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required by law and/or regulations.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Skyword does not rent, sell, share, or otherwise disclose personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- We may provide information to trusted partners who work on our behalf and who have entered into confidentiality agreements with us.
- We may provide information to sponsors of our events.
- Skyword responds to valid subpoenas, court orders, and other legal proceedings. We also may disclose information if we deem it necessary to exercise our legal rights or to defend ourselves against legal claims.
- We will share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of any of our TOS, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may transfer information about you if we are acquired or merged with another company.
Consent to Transfer. The Platform and our website operate in the U.S. If you are located in the EU, Switzerland or elsewhere outside the U.S., please be aware that any information you provide, including your personal information, to us will be transferred to the U.S. We may transfer your personal information to us in the U.S. or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage. By providing any information to us you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer, processing and storage of such information in the U.S.
Third Party Service Providers. We work with third parties who provide services including but not limited to payment processing, customer support, and data analysis.
We reserve the right to share personal information about you with such third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide services for us. We choose third parties to work with after careful consideration and ensure that we will put reasonable efforts on them to protect your personal information as the law requires.
In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU and Swiss individuals received pursuant to the EU-U.S. and Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield, Skyword remains liable for its security.
- Skyword takes appropriate physical and electronic measures to protect against unauthorized access to, alteration of, and disclosure of personal information.
- Access to personal information is limited to employees who need to know that information in order to operate the Skyword Platform or provide marketing services. All of our employees enter into confidentiality agreements with Skyword.
Opt-out. If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of such marketing email or by logging in and modifying your Account settings.
Your rights. You may ask us to access the information about your data processing, as well as to review, correct, update or suppress your personal information that has been previously provided to us. You may exercise these rights by logging in to your Account or by emailing us at: email@example.com.
For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. In each event, you must clearly indicate the information that you wish to receive or to have changed or suppressed from our database. We will endeavor to respond to your request within one month.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for legitimate record-keeping purposes.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Account Information
- You may delete your account by contacting Skyword at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
- Skyword may update and change this Policy from time to time.
- All updates and changes will be posted on this web page.
- We will notify you directly if we make significant changes to this Policy.
- Skyword Data Retention Policy
- Skyword Third Party Subprocessor and Transfer of Data Policy